Author: sin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:52:26 +0000
1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README b/README
@@ -2,8 +2,9 @@ What is it?
This is a standalone implementation of fortify source. It is libc-agnostic
-and simply overlays the system headers by using GCC's #include_next. It was
-initially designed to be used on musl based Linux distributions.
+and simply overlays the system headers by using the #include_next extension found
+in GCC and clang. It was initially designed to be used on musl based Linux
@@ -13,7 +14,7 @@ Why?
- It will only trap non-conformant programs. This means that fortify
level 2 is treated in the same way as level 1.
- Avoids making function calls when UB has already been invoked. This
- is handled by using GCC's __builtin_trap().
+ is handled by using __builtin_trap().
- Check functions for out-of-bounds read interfaces, such as send(),
write(), fwrite() etc.
- No ABI is enforced. All of the check functions are inlined into the